On the first of every new month, I have posted a small report on how I did during the previous month. The point of it is to show that I’m still putting my money where my mouth is. This tradition will continue, except for this report shall be for all of 2019 and not just December. I will talk about my accomplishments for December first, then move into 2019 as a whole.
- I wrote 43,627 words.
- I have written for 365 days in a row.
- I have finished the first draft of my story with the temp title: Werewolf.
- I have passed the 500k mark in total yearly words at 526k.
- I am working on re-editing my Felix books
- I wrote my weekly blog posts.
EXAMINATION OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- The entire intention of December was to take it easy as I wrote just over 63k words in November. I managed to write just over 43k words. I was worried about burn-out, and I decided that it was a bad idea to do too much over the holidays. I needed to work on my editing.
- This is still the longest number of days in a row I have written by far. I have written 365 days in a row. My min to count as a daily goal was 150 words. I intend to keep this going. As I have no intention of stopping that streek any time soon.
- My Werewolf story started out as a short story for a class I took. It needed to become a novel and will eventually be a trilogy. I have finished the first draft of the first book.
- I have passed the 500k mark. In my word counts. As part of it, I have started working on some projects I can’t talk about. It will be counted in my daily word count, but you won’t hear much about it. I apologize for that. I wish to be more transparent with you all, but I can’t in this case.
- I’m editing my Phantom Sorcerer story, and that is progressing. I should get the first of it done by the end of January. For those that have already bought it, once the new edition is published, then you can update it manually in your kindle app.
- My blog posts are still happening.
RECAP OF THE UPDATED 2019 GOALS
Write 500,000 words in personal, non-school related projects.
- Complete and publish Felix #2, Felix #3,
Des O’Neal #1, Des O’Neal #2, Des O’Neal #3, Jovian Marines #1, Jovian Marines #2, Jovian Marines #3, Mech Warrior #1, Mech Warrior #2, Mech Warrior #3.
- Complete and Publish VRMMORPG
- Correct cover for Felix #1.
Write four blog posts per month
- Give Felix #1 and Tokyo Tempest #1 a proofread.
- Complete and submit to market Terran Marine Raider short #1, Terran Marine Raider short #2, and
RPG Death short. Added goal: complete and submit to market, JSS Leda (New title: From Planet Everdark), secret short #2 (New Title: Rise of the Ghids), and secret short #3 (New Title: Sailing Vessel Wanderlust: the Delivery).
- Earn $1000.00 a month from novels.
Relaunch publishing company with a new, stronger name.
- Get 1 client for editing services.
NEW GOAL: Write for 365 Days in a row of at least 100 words per day.
2019 GOALS DEBRIEF
This year has been a mix of ups and downs. I’ve had a mix of good days and bad days and ups and downs. I have burned-out once during with the stress of it all, but I recovered. The biggest thing about the year was that it has taught me discipline over motivation. I have talked about it multiple times in my blogs and will talk about it numerous times in the future.
- 500k Words. I will be going over the details of my experiences of the first goal in a future post. But, in 2019, the primary goal is the one I was hoping would set up the rest. It is one of the few 2019 goals I have accomplished.
- I had written a plan of what projects I was going to accomplish. But as things got added on and things changed, those went out the window. I have updated the plan multiple times throughout the year, and I have a new 2020 plan on what projects I want to write.
- I have a new cover for Felix #1, but with the re-edit, that is not something I count as being done. It will be considered done.
- I have managed to get a blog post each month about different subjects. Some of it about being creative, some of it writing. I tend to keep away from talking about writing.
- This goal is a work in progress. I should have it done in 2020.
- The two short stories I was hoping to be submitted to market didn’t happen. I have a publisher interested in one of them. But he isn’t doing another Mil Sci-Fi anthology in the near future. They are on the block of projects to work on during 2020 if I get time.
- The short stories From Planet Everdark, Rise of the Ghids have been published in anthologies. Click on the links to check them out. News about Sailing Vessel Wanderlust: the Delivery is forthcoming.
- Earn $1000 per month. The naivety in that goal is thick. There was no way I was going to make that goal. Perhaps if I managed to get all the books published that I wanted to.
- The publishing imprint has been relaunched with a better name. I am more happy with the name Atomic Slingshot Press.
- Another goal that is thick with naivety. I do want to launch editing services, but that will have to happen in the future.
- This goal is the second goal I’m most happy with. I have written 365 days in a row. And I know. Most people aren’t going to believe me. I have a kept records and here is an image of the chart.:
I will be posting about my 2020 goals. A friend of mine has told me that I need to post 20 goals for 2020.
If you like what you are reading and wish to support me in my endeavors, please sign up for my newsletter, visit my Amazon Author Page and purchase one of my books. Or buy me a coffee. Your help and support are much appreciated.